I guess I'll go ahead and be the first to post. I've been excited about the response I've received about this blog- thanks for the interest! All of you who are accepting the e-mail invitation are also becoming "administrators" of the blog- meaning you can add pictures, add surveys to the sidebar, change the look of the blog, anything that I can do! If you'd like to see something on this blog or have a change made and are not sure where to start- just let me know!
Our recent news is that after returning home from the cruise we took our little girl to an audiologist to get her hearing tested. We wanted to give her time to develop her speech on her own, but felt that at this point- with her still not having more than a small handful of clear words- it was time to see if something was holding her back. Apparently, getting her hearing tested was just the avenue to pursue- and she was diagnosed with significant hearing loss in both ears. We will be taking her to Primary Children's to test her hearing while she is sedated to get the details- where each ear falls on the charts, maybe what is causing it, and most importantly- what our options are. To be honest, we have been so glad for her since we found out. We feel blessed that it's this- which if you've met her is quite the shocker, I must say, because she does pretty well communicating- and that it's not something worse.
We all got sick after getting home from the trip, but today we're finally feeling well again. Can't wait to hear what post-cruise life has entailed for everyone else! Write often- even if it's short and sweet!
love, danielle
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment