You see, it's kind of like when someone compliments your outfit and you say "oh, this old thing." You have nothing against commenting on the subject- but feel the need to talk it down a little... you wouldn't want to appear arrogant. If we were to say "I'M A MOM" then you'd have to worry... maybe dad heard. Sound funny? Let me explain. My nine to five could go something like: maybe we sleep in (should the girl's decide that is on their agenda for the day), we might stay in our pj's all day long, we might watch a movie together, we might have a princess party, we might go for a walk, a picnic, to the zoo, go swimming, go to grandma's, go shopping, we might take a rubber ducky bath in the middle of the day or a nap, we might make cookies and eat them all up, we might have a playdate or go to lunch and best of all... we might get to the laundry (later). What about that doesn't sound like fun! I'm playing the time away until dad gets home with my two best friends.
So, we wouldn't want to say anything more than "I'm just a mom" when dad is around... he might realize he got the raw end of the deal.
Happy Mother's Day everyone!
2 comments:
Too true! what a blessing to be "just" a mom...to have the best job in the world. Loved your thoughts. Thanks for sharing. :)
PS. Would it be okay with you if I linked your family blog to mine? It makes it so much easier for me to come here. Do you mind if I leave comments here? I feel like the women here are my sisters too!
Post a Comment